Possible Over Fuelling Problem

Right then dudes, I need someone with good engine knowledge to help me out here.

Recently had the bottom end rebuilt twice now including a new crankshaft. I also had the injectors and the fuelling checked straight after I got the car back, test results show it's running slightly lean but no majorly so it's all good.

I've covered about 150miles of bedding the engine in, keeping the revs below 3000rpm, gone to check the oil to see if there's any problems, leaks etc. the oils clear and in good condition, but I can't help but notice a slight tinge of petrol coming from the oil..... And I'm basically sh*tting myself as I can't be doing with it bore washing itself or anything, the cars given me enough problems as it is, please please please can someone shine some light onto the subject? I'm terrified to even move it.

The only way to confirm is with a wideband reading.

However you can take plugs out and inspect them, but seeing as you only spinning to 3k i think they will look black and not give a accurate indication. Is the engine getting to temperature? You can also do a diagnostics to rule out like a faulty sensor.

I've had a look at the plugs and they're brown, indicating they're fine, and whats a wide band test? I read somewhere earlier that if the engine is reaching the correct temperature, idling okay and the fuel consumption is good, it's not really something to worry about? I also read that oil does over time has a 'fuelly' smell to it, but it's completly different to a 'raw' petrol smell?

If it was me I would keep running it in changing the oil as per run in procedure, then get it to the dyno and get a proper fuelling test done via the wide band. Unless you have fuelling mods on the car I would get it checked better to be safe than sorry

If it was me I would keep running it in changing the oil as per run in procedure, then get it to the dyno and get a proper fuelling test done via the wide band. Unless you have fuelling mods on the car I would get it checked better to be safe than sorry

Just to confirm guys, I took the car back to the guys who did the fuelling check & wideband. Turns out car is spot on, the tinge of petrol I could smell was just the additives in the oil and me being hyper sensitive with not trust the car hahaha!

The only way to confirm is with a wideband reading.

However you can take plugs out and inspect them, but seeing as you only spinning to 3k i think they will look black and not give a accurate indication. Is the engine getting to temperature? You can also do a diagnostics to rule out like a faulty sensor.

wideband wont tell shit when running engine in you might have ( example ) 3x rich cylinder and 1 lean and still have perfect afr readings !!!!!!!

great news she is fine :)

Edited by 5e colin

wideband wont tell shit when running engine in you might have ( example ) 3x rich cylinder and 1 lean and still have perfect afr readings !!!!!!!

great news she is fine :)

Yeah this can happen that's why i mentioned to inspect the plugs :)