Caliper Binding...Will this rebuild kit fit my n/a...! **HELP**

Hi All,

One of my calipers is binding so the piston has obviously seized... Its getting really hot after a drive and its almost on fire when I stop (smoking)...

Is it worth buying a rebuild kit for my standard n/a calipers or should I buy some glanza calipers...The rebuild kit is only £20 odd quid but buying the glanza calipers will cost allot more...

I do eventually want to put braided lines on and better disks and pads so not sure it is worth buying the bigger calipers for just for road use... :unknw:

Dunno what to do...

Suggestions...?

Edited by jamesgray

buy a second set of calipers , they are cheap as fook

Don't you think it would be worth buying the rebuild kit and sorting my callipers out so I have a decent set of brakes...? The kit is only £23...

worth noting n/a and turbo calipers are the same its only the carrier/disk/pad that differs

That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification I think I'm going to do the above and just rebuild mine, then get some uprated discs and pads when needed...

Edited by jamesgray

Have you tried getting the seized piston out yet? Might be best to do that first as they can be an absolute bitch if they're really seized. Would be pointless buying all the seals etc if you can't get the piston out...

Have you tried getting the seized piston out yet? Might be best to do that first as they can be an absolute bitch if they're really seized. Would be pointless buying all the seals etc if you can't get the piston out...

I haven't tried yet to be honest but I do have a garage by my house so I could get assistance... What is the general procedure for a seized piston how do people normally get them out...