But lost here. I fit a Rolla inlet and TB yesterday, and the idle speeds all wrong. Starts at 1.2k cold, and sits there until I actually move. The more I drive, the higher the idle gets up to about 2k. Unplugging the ICV underneath the TB drops it back to 1.5k so the issues there somewhere but I don't really know what to do next.

Edited by FrozenJakalope

Just been out with the multimeter and powers getting through the solenoid plug, 14v in and 13.5v out the RSO wire when hot, so that seems to be okay. There's plenty coolant in the radiator so that's out. Checked the vac lines and connections to the inlet with a can of wd40 and I couldn't see any problems there.

Open to literally any ideas.

The saga continues.

Thought I'd double check for vac leaks by putting my hand over the throttle opening whilst the engine was running, and it duly stalled out. The vacuum from the ICV was really hella strong.

I thought that maybe an air bubble in the ICV could be giving a false reading, so I've bled the coolant system and that also hasn't fixed it.

So far, then,

It's not a vac leak

It's not electrical

It's not a coolant issue

The only thing it is, apparently, is a god damn mystery.

I haven't, no. I carb cleaned everything before it went on the car but I didn't actually take the ICV off the TB when I was doing it. You thinking it might be a sticky solenoid?

I'll go disassemble, clean, and reassemble now and see how it goes.

yes I would strip it all down fully other than the butterfly assembly and clean the shit out of it.

I would also if it has a wax stat in there block it of (details in my build thread how to do this) and run without it.

short of that it IS a vaccum leak and or a pipe or pipes u havent put on right or changed.

Okay, done and put back together and now it's idling at 2.1k, so definitely not an improvement. Believe me when I say that it is 10000000% percent NOT a vac leak. I've checked the pipes enough times and on a N/A, there are only 6 of them to look at, I would have found it by now.

This problem's followed me through 3 inlets, 4 throttle bodies, 2 N/A ICVs, 3 TPS's and about 30 hours of my time, not including time spent googling.