Right just turboed my sr and theres been a few issues. First done on budget map converter and ct9 from a standed 4efte engine.

Right wont hold revs without hunting

Loads of smoke, when to my local parts place to change plugs drove home and waited 5-10mins then changed them and there was eather steam or smoke coming out of cylinder 3 dunno if this is commen after deeing driven or a bad thing.

Theres no mayo in the oil and it dosent seem to be using any abnormal amount of oil or water not that i have driven it far because of the smoke been ideling on my drive a bit.

So do i

A. Do the head gasket on my engine

B. Compleatly rebuild my engine bearings rings ect maby stem seals

C. Try and find a new engine that has been rebuilt

This was suposed to be my daily as my other car is stupid on fuel less then 18mpg :( but i wanted to turbo it and make it a tinny bit faster

So what dose everyone think i should do?

Sorry for the essay just giving as much info as posible thanks in advance

Edited by Gumball89

Dont have another one or a compression tested. Would drive it but the amount off smoke is asking for a pull

Should probably say other car ix a rx8 :/ hence low mpg

Edited by Gumball89

ha though you had spare ( must be smoking really badly then )

best to rebuild mate rings and conrod bearings in the bottom end and rework the head clean and fit valveguide seals and a headgasket

there the 4 i would do if on a budget that can be done with engine in tha car

Yea was gunna do crank bearings and seals piston rings head gasket and stem seals and whilst the heads off cam belt also think the dizzy cap and roter arm needs doing so will do them too. Will i need new head bolts on these ?

Do the head bolts if you take the head off yes.

Tbh for the amount of money you'll put into it you'd probs be able to buy a running fte off a reputable seller on here.