boost controllers = dump valve questions

ok im starting to itch for more power now and have some other mods lined up to do this,

another two turbo grey areas i know nothing about are mentioned in the topic title,

ive searched and as far as i can make out, there are two types of boost controller,

manual and digital,

i dont like the prices at all over the digital ones,

my question is are manual nob type boost controllers adiquate? do they still do the job?

also im after a louder dump vavle and noticed a few universal "imitation" ones in the style of blits and hks on ebay

im interested in these

if i get one with a universal fitting kit, would it be something i could fit myself?

any adivce anyone could share would be greatly apreaceated.

thanx

Not a fan of bleed valves, if you have your bonnet open people can fiddle with it and turn it up to a stupid level ( you might get tempted to do it yourself :rolleyes:

You can still fiddle with a digital one, but at least you can password protect it. Also digital has a finer control boost which means you could get closer to the boost threshhold of your components without expensive engine parts ending up on the road in your rear view mirror :blink:

If you're going to set it to a sensible margin and are happy to leave a margin in for boost fluctuations and you know no one will play with it, go for a bleed valve as they're only £30, if you're going to keep playing with it and have maybe a couple of different boost settings, go digital.