Just need a little advice please, after changing my oil from running in to normal oil today on the way home, I was doing around 75-80mph on the dual carriage way for about 5/6 miles, when I came off I noticed my oil temp gauge (prosport) was sitting at 110 degrees, I'm still running standard boost 0.6 bar and I used Fuchs Titan supersyn 5w 40 fully synth, of course if I back off the throttle the oil temp goes down abit, but to me this is alittle too high any feedback please lads would be greatly appreciated.

It was also this high when I was using millers running in oil aswell

Thanks Pat

Edited by patman

Hello Devon mate it seems to be working ok starts off at 0 and works it's way up interesting you say about the cooling system I thought that would be two different things but if that's the case just need to know really where to go from here thanks mate

110 is a little high for cruising. It's not a temp I would be worried about though, these modern race oils don't start to break down and to turn sludge till around 125-130 degrees. I'm sure Oilman will probably be able to explain better.

The oil ways and the water jacket are next to each other in effect. Whats your water temp like?

I assume you've been changing the oil filter on a regular basis?

Hello Adam Thankyou for the reply yes I must of done about 5/6 oil changes and filter too when running it in, water temp on the cluster never goes above half way always alittle under half way, always use the pink anti freeze coolant aswell,

Thankyou for the reply guys, I really do think it's the gauge or the sensor as you say as everything else is fine, motor was built by my friend Adam who has his own garage and only works on jap cars, all tolerances, torque settings was done all good as I must of kept checking everything 5 times over the sensor was brought from rspec online they deal in prosport gauges and it's not using water or oil :-)

One thing I have noticed if I'm sitting at idle and I do the windows up the oil temp gauge rises about 10 degrees then back down again when I let go of electric windows, I'm thinking I have a bad earth there

Also one more thing I noticed on my oil temp sender in the sandwich plate, it has two wires coming off it, white to positive and the black one should be ground but it's just hanging there not connected to anything

Edited by patman

That's a good idea Tim Thankyou very much for that also the car doesn't smell like its getting hot, runs as it should and Mikey mate it's got to be the gauge or sensor boost works fine and so does the oil pressure just the temp

Just alittle update I have now earthed the black wire and getting different readings like Mikey said in text the readings are out 15-20 degrees and just took it for a good spin and touch wood the readings are down was giving it some up and down the duel carriage way and was getting readings off 95 ish degrees NOT 120 degrees

That's the one Devon mate bingo what a nightmare if you look at the evo gauge then the prosport stepper gauge there numbers going up in degrees are not the same angle So for example 100 degrees on the evo gauge would be about 115-120 on the prosport gauge what a pain it's been in hoping this is the solution

Another update lads to close the thread changed the sensor over today to the right one (which Devon posted above) and everything (touch wood) is fine, took the car for a drive up the dual carriage way (with town driving before) about 10 miles all in all going between 60-80mph gauge never went above 92 degrees ish 👍🏻