Yaris bucket sizes

Hi guys, ive got a selection of yaris solid buckets for my engine.

Just wondering if anyone knows how the sizes relate to starlet shims

Here are tHe 2 lists ive got

Screenshot_2015-01-28-06-17-08_zpsrtwokj

Screenshot_2015-05-02-09-19-34_zps0awmti

As you can see the numbers are completely different so how do you know what size yaris bucket to fit?

Say i had a starlet bucket with a shim measuring 2.80mm what yaris solid bucket would i use??

Cheers guys

Not sure how they relate though. As with starlet you just measure the shims so you will have the shim thickness plus the bucket thickness. With these solid buckets is it the thickness of the whole thing so it will be thicker when measured?

Use the largest thickness, then get them machined on a lathe to get the correct valve clearances.

I've got a set of 16 sat here doing nothing if you're interested.

So they will definitely need to be machined? I have about 25 which range from 5.36 to 5.52mm

Wondering if the current total thickness of the buckets (including shims) in the engine atm will match any of these to swap out

So they will definitely need to be machined? I have about 25 which range from 5.36 to 5.52mm

Wondering if the current total thickness of the buckets (including shims) in the engine atm will match any of these to swap out

some will fit for sure.

and id guess with 25 you will have enough to make it work.

Good luck and get to it :)

Phil

Couple of my clearances are out atm, i changed out all my shims but 2 were a tiny bit out of tolerance so ive got a bit of a ticky top end. They were literally just out of tolerance though on the inlet side but suppose it makes all the difference