Hi guys,

Just wanting your opinion on this.

Last weekend I helped my brother do his valve stem seals on his car. When doing it I could see that the old valve stem seals were totally ruined and non-genuine.

The car has paperwork for an engine rebuild two years ago, including valve stem seals and other stuff.

The engine is putting out around 180 psi on all four cylinders.

The car is running hybrid TD04 on stock internals at around 0.65 bar.

It pulls very well and there are no nasty knocks and bangs.

After doing the valve stem seals, we are finding that the car is still smoking on over run. Not as bad, but definitely still smoking.

The turbo is brand new from Sacha, and I doubt it's the oil seals.

I was thinking, maybe the valves are bent/damaged causing premature wear to the seals.

But just wondering if anyone has some ideas about this. For now, he's saying Fck it and going to keep driving it.

Although It would be nice to know what it is.

Yep, that's vented to atmosphere. Sorry. We reckon that helped, the PCV valve seemed fubar!

I was thinking maybe it's damaged the ring lands, piston etc. It's got receipts for genuine pistons but I'm not convinced they're were ever designed to run TD04 Hybrid. He never batters it to an inch of its life. Drives it hard now and then. But not thrashed.

Thanks though.

• 2 weeks later...

So this problem seems to have worsened.

The car is just smoking as you drive now.

We've just done the valve stem seals the other week, used Zisco 'uprated' ones. The old valve stem seals were completely ruined.

I have a feeling maybe the valves have been damaged as it wasn't smoking too bad after it was done, but now it's worsened.

I said to him don't feel too bad, even mine smokes a lot. Doesn't bother me as long it runs.