HELP need advice please

Hi everyone i have a problem with my car its an ep82 95 quad manual, I recently changed the head gasket (yesterday) and timed the engine up properly etc. everything was running sweet untill it stalled but then started up ok afterwards, it cuts out when i put the radiator cap on ,it idles fine with the radiator cap off then as soon as i put any pressure on the cooling system it seems to idle very low & cut out with lots of white smoke coming from the exhaust as well as using lots of coolant, so obviously water must be getting into the cylinders some how. I have done a compression test and all cylinders are running at 11bar so they seem ok, the head gasket is an uprated one from daveburwash (1.2mm) and i cant see that could have blown already, i got the head skimmed when it was off and replaced the head bolts as well as cleaning the block lightly. However i did not change the inlet manifold gasket and a friend bet me a pint that it was the inlet manifold gasket, but i reckon with my luck so far it could be a crack in the head or block or perhaps the liners are leaking, any suggestions please as i am so pissed off with my car at the mo and ive spent so much money on it. :lol:

thanks

i know this sounds silly. but did you chekc the HG before you put it on. a kink or tear in it will cause something like this.

another thing worth considering is that when your head gasket went. it may have slightly warped your head.

did you undo the head in the correct way? detorquing the head in 2 stages?

did you do it up to the right settings? with a proper torque wrench? why did you do the headgasket change in the first place please? fault on the car? could be cracked block or head was it pressure tested and block crack tested. my mate had a faulty hks headgasket the firing rings would not squash down and it leaked water with out the car running just from gravity(celica gt4). removed it put in a tte one and no probs.

Are you sure your water lines on you throttle body are hooked up the right way?

Its an easy mistake, that would be putting water straight through you engine.

I have a picture of how they should be, if you want me to put it up i will.