These are examples i did.

Because of the time of day you either got detail in the sky or detail in the car - no middle ground. By shooting in raw format just create an exposure for each from the same RAW file and layer them as discussed before and voila......

Correctly exposed sky and car together......

earlymorning2copy.jpg

Sunset.jpg

These are examples i did.

Because of the time of day you either got detail in the sky or detail in the car - no middle ground. By shooting in raw format just create an exposure for each from the same RAW file and layer them as discussed before and voila......

Correctly exposed sky and car together......

earlymorning2copy.jpg

Sunset.jpg

yours are awesome mate...did you do it in photoshop, as the program i use doesnt let you change the exposure of the photo, it still knows what the original was taken on (if you understand :lol:)

@Gaz. yeah the ones i did are very subtle due to the background, i took them in jpeg, and the exposure bracketing wasnt that large...

I use photoshop yes.

I use RAW format on my camera which means you get a greater level of detail to play with. You just have to sharpen, adjust colour exposure etc as when you shoot in JPEG the camera does it all for you....

RAW = Essentially a digital negative.

I use photoshop yes.

I use RAW format on my camera which means you get a greater level of detail to play with. You just have to sharpen, adjust colour exposure etc as when you shoot in JPEG the camera does it all for you....

RAW = Essentially a digital negative.

I know what RAW is mate dont worry :D:lol: - I use it litteraly all the time...

It couldnt be bothered with the hassle of coverting them all after, was just a quick thing after i washed the car....

I may go out on sunday, with a good backdrop, shoot in RAW and do it properly...

• 3 weeks later...