Glanza V Automatic GEAR 2 HEEEEELP

YO,

Been searching Google and this site. What is gear 2 in the glanza auto ?

for me it is like being stuck in 2nd gear. got to rev limiter and it never went up a gear so I got para and went into drive and haven't used since.

Surely it's not just 2nd gear ?

Do you have to slap it into drive at limiter ?

What if you slipped into it going down highway at 100 ? ... booooom?

:)

I'm not sure myself what 2 is for.... all I can think of is you use it when it snows my mini countryman S is semi auto & that has a snow button that sticks it into second gear for the hills when snow is bad.

Take it easy on that gearbox haha.. How you still finding it?

Haha sound man Yeh I think I won't put in into that again. I'm loving the car. Spent an hour removing the 16 year old stickers ( nightmare ) aswell as the ones the garage put on. only thing is I took to jet wash and paint is all good apart from wingmirrors which started coming off under jet wash. Almost looks like different paint

Same problem mate my wing mirrors had paint fade & gone yellow so gave them a respray they look much better although I will get them properly done at some point as for the glanza stickers they had been over polished looked very worn, I removed them at the weekend with the hot weather helping took me 2 hours to remove them with the misses hairdryer lol looks tonnes better.

Keep up the good work:-) what alloys do fancy getting for it?

Haha dude exact same. Neighbours must of been like what is he doing hairdrying his car.

Saw some dish style alloys I liked at Turriff. Guy said he was gonna check if they will fit ( hope they do )

Where you from again mate ? I was thinking about respraying mine too. Might get some spray ordered up

Yeah lol was getting strange looks when cars passing by haha & I wondered what the Neighbours thought oh well I have done much dafter things:-)

I live near buxton Derbyshire

The wing mirrors will look better even with a rattle can I went to Halfords & they made up a tin for me 1AO silver it was spot on in colour then gave them a good couple of coats of paint lacquer job done, make sure you take the mirrors off the car first mate no point rushing them then getting over spray on your car:-)

Makes a big difference when you get nice set of alloys on a v... Mine are only size 6 14 Enkei alloys but suit the car very well, most people tend to go with size 15 6 or 6.5 if you fancy a bit wider like 7 then can rub your wheel arch a bit but you can always get them rolled.

I'm not sure myself what 2 is for.... all I can think of is you use it when it snows my mini countryman S is semi auto & that has a snow button that sticks it into second gear for the hills when snow is bad.

Take it easy on that gearbox haha.. How you still finding it?

This is spot on, it's for when you need torque over top end like snow and sand.