Car not starting HELP!

Went to change bulbs in car today. When I went to unlock it using the button (toad alarm) the central locking wouldn't open. Manually opened door. Then the dash would like up when keys turned in ignition but wouldn't start. Battery is fully charged and I had the car out for a run the other day and all was fine. I've ran out of ideas?

The work I've done recently on car is change the dash and cluster bulbs to led, and fitted race spec rocker cover and catch can. As I said it ran fine and now won't start. I noticed the battery light and that light up fine but when your turn headlights on some of the lights go out and headlights don't light?

If its not the battery on the key fob im 99.9% sure its the car battery. Hook some jump leads up to a running car and see if it makes a difference. Your headlights should work regardless when the ignition is on and if when you are turning them on and the dash lights are fading its pretty much a stick on to be the battery.

I know mate but going by the sounds of it and the fact that the dash is fading when you turn on the headlights. Do you have jumpleads at all?

I know it says its fully charged but I've had to replace many a battery that says its 12v but is knackered. Batteries can say they are 12v but they need to be drop tested aswell as they may not be able to maintain a load put on them.

Best thing you can do is stick the battery in your car get another car and keep the engine running, stick some jump leads on between the 2 cars and if your central locking and everything else still doesn't work then its not the battery.

I know mate but going by the sounds of it and the fact that the dash is fading when you turn on the headlights. Do you have jumpleads at all?

I know it says its fully charged but I've had to replace many a battery that says its 12v but is knackered. Batteries can say they are 12v but they need to be drop tested aswell as they may not be able to maintain a load put on them. 

Best thing you can do is stick the battery in your car get another car and keep the engine running, stick some jump leads on between the 2 cars and if your central locking and everything else still doesn't work then its not the battery.

OK mate will give it a bash
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue !!!! But my immobiler works. Car was working perfect now when you go to start it. It just makes a click and the dash lights up with battery check engine and starts fading away like the battery's fucked. Help needed

Edited by Zoib_786

Same issue !!!! But my immobiler works. Car was working perfect now when you go to start it. It just makes a click and the dash lights up with battery check engine and starts fading away like the battery's fucked. Help needed

I just bought a new battery and that sorted the problem. Although I was getting full voltage on old battery it wasn't strong enough to start car. Best bet is fit a new battery