Fuel pump not working

As above. It's a walbro one, the actual pump is working but I've had to steal a live from inside the car and run it direct to the pump. Problem now is as soon as I turn the key the pump kicks in and the won't start the car. What could be the problem?

Have you tried plugging it back into the original wiring and then bridging the pins in the diagnostic port which will run the fuel pump to try and eliminate where the fault is??i had similar problem with mine turned out o ahdnt connected the telay back up when installing the dash but the pump would run in diagnostic mode so helped me narrow it down

Thanks enots, no I haven't tryed that but the wiring is still all connected, I've just spliced into the pumps live (blue and white) with a wire from the inside fuse box. Very redneck but had to get it working

Also which pins?

TE1 and E1 is diagnostic mode but I can't remember if this fires up the fuel pump or not, if could be other pins

How the fuel pump works is that the ecu sends a earth trigger to the circuit open relay when it senses the engine is turning (via the cam angle sensor). You can check that the earth trigger is working from the ecu by probing the FC pin and checking to a 12v source. If is working the fault is from the circuit open relay to the pump. If the earth trigger isn't working then pull the dizzy out and spin it by hand - you should hear the injectors tick. This tells you the ecu is powered up and is receiving the cam angle triggering. If the injectors are ticking but the trigger isnt working then its an ecu fault more than likely but to be honest I've never come across this as being the cause. If the injectors are not ticking then its likely to be a 12v feed issue - check there is 12v at the Batt, +B and +B1 pins on the ecu and the feed into the circuit open relay for starters.