So i was watching the Mighty Car Mods Chasing Midnight thing and they advanced the timing on the car, after reading through a couple of posts on here and another website i'm still a little confused, i read about 2 bolts that hold the distributor to the block? so yeah if anyone can help that'll be sick

Its just a case of loosening them and spinning it a little bit one way. Cant remember which ways advance and which is retard though. Also mark it in its original place so you can put it back to where it was if all else fails!

1st You need to know what to listen for. If you do it too much you can cause detonation/pinking, thats a quick way to blown your engine up. But if you know what you're listening for you can do it fairly safely.

If you really want to get the most out of it consider running higher octane fuel as they have high resistance to det, meaning more advancement and more power... in theory.

Advancing will give more power, detarding will give more torque. I think with ron95 you'll be safe to about 12 degrees advancing, but if you don't know what you;re doing then don't! First at all it can't be properly done without a timing light.

I do all mine by sound and touch

Always worked on the theory that if it's an old engine then everything is worn to an extent and what you think you've timed it to is usually out by a mile

If in doubt tho just leave it or get a pro 😎