Who has golf/polo coilovers fitted

As title says. Need more help with them i have spoken to and followed 5e colins post on how to use them on starlets. My issue is i cant seem to get them setup properly. The ride is bouncy and have adjusted them over and over again and still get the same out come. Ths is the guide on how to use them.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/78342-the-budget-coilovers-setup-polo-6n-golf/

Yeah i cut them down but still not stopping the bounce. Also they get stuck on the silver spacer is that supposed to happen. I went to a garage and he reckons im only sitting on the shock and not the spring. So i adjusted the spring up and still the same. I took out the helper and was still the same. I may just put in a small piece of bump stop and try that.

the bump stop should not get stuck on the sleeve can you take a pic when u take it of of how u assembled the topmounts on

so i try raising her first with the springs as you said the garage said she is lying dead on the shocks leave helper spring in and raise the thread 3 inches so your compressing the helpers a bit do this of the car and make sure the bump stop is al the way down on the shock now refit her put her on the ground take shock back of and see how far up the bumpstop went with seeing that you know how much you can lower the botton rings

20150803_145751_zpsajemsin2.jpg

Thats how i have them minus the top mount. But once the car drops back on to the ground and i test then jack it up again the bump stop is stuck on the spacer. I wont be trying them on again until wednesday as aint got time. I also screwed the springs up the tightest i could abd i still had bounce and i feel its due to the bumpstop getting stuck or its to big still

ya i see cut the sleeve ( short as possible ) measure how much you can cut of more , because now the rod is going down fully in the shock and your spring thread neads to be raised a tat your wound right down

the bottom srew on bit screw it in al the way

i cant remember if you could delete that sleeve and use a 4mm thick washer instead but you have with the topmount

ya short as possible , then cup then topmount washer then the rest of the sleeve then nut i think you will gain a inch of shock travel

make sure to raise them helper spring threads up

i never had the isseu of them stops getting stuck cut them down as small as possible to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...