Newbie here - help with 5E-FHE TB please ?

Hi all, I'm Justin - a UK ex-pat living in sunny New Zealand. I've got a 5E-FHE motor that I'm trying to troubleshoot and I need a bit of advice but info is hard to find about this engine. I figured that most Starlet enthusiasts would be familiar with them, hence my visit here.

I recently removed the throttle body (the engine has ACIS, by the way) to try to cure a high idle problem - I assumed the Aux Air Valve was probably jammed and indeed it was. I freed it up, fitted new gaskets etc and refitted the TB. I suspect, however, that coolant is not flowing through the valve due to it being seized for so long but I can't figure out where the coolant hoses connect to. I know one of them is the return to the water pump, but the other (which I assume is the feed) comes from either the back of the head or the thermostat housing but I can't tell which.

Can someone please help me identify where this hose connects to? If it goes to the housing I can remove it and clean it out but I don't want to that if the hoses goes to the head instead.

Any help would be much appreciated, it's really annoying me now!

Thanks heaps :-)