Crankcase pressure and fault code 12

Engine management light started coming on occasionally on the way home tonight, the car would lurch and the Rev needle drop away down then up etc.

90% of the time driving it was fine, but I took it easy, also I wasn't on boost when this was happening, maybe 2k revs

Looked under the bonnet and my oil breather filter is wet with oil and the dipstick is covered in oil the whole way up. Also a stain around the bottom of the PCV, and Phil did point it out to me on Friday that it looked like it was going.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Edited by adzy

running stock boost ?

pcv valve is easy enough to check !

remove, clean it, then just blow through it and see if there is any resistance

remove your dipstick while engine running and watch it !

usually when the cylinders aren't holding pressure from combustion then it indicates there is bypass in the cylinder walls

simple terms low compression so best do a compression check

Yes stock boost.

I removed the PCV valve, when you shake it there isn't a rattle but seems to work when I blow through it. New one will be in tomorro so i'll fit it anyways.

Check for vapour I take it with the dipstick out? I'll try that tomorro

did you do a diagnostic ?

any codes ?

just check your earth straps on the engine, there are only three, sounds like somethings loose and causing intermittant fault

check the plugs in engine bay for loose connection, pull glove box back and have a look there aswell, just to rule out something silly and causing a fault, Iam no expert but these things can be a simple fix and cause alot of problems

Good luck

http://dub-se7en.toyotagtturbo.com/useful_info/OTHER_PDFS/4EFTE_4EFE_Engine_Diagnotsic_Code.pdf

Yes, bringing up fault code 12 - rpm signal.

Where are the 3 earths? Gonna give the leads a clean as well as I was advised to. I'll have a look about tho!

Still not sure why the crankcase pressure has got so high to as both seem to have started at the same time.

Thanks for the advice!