Sub in spare wheel well

As title says, anybody done this? If so, what advice can you give to get the best audio-quality, and have you got any pics of the final result?

Gonna be building a false floor in the boot and lining it, but wanna get a decent sub build in there so I have some good audio.

It'd be functional for sure. I'll be using MDF + Fibreglass to build a false floor/boot build for the back. I'm assuming that by installing the Sub in the space where the spare wheel should be, I can get reasonably good audio by soundproofing the hell out of the well?

That way the whole thing can be set in the floor of the boot, where it should be (relatively) clear from any obstructions

Ive just turned my spare wheel upside down (so not to b without spare!) And cut a disc of mdf that fits proper snug in the wheel rim/lip and have a component set in there, sound great, looks rough but i dont tend to look

That'll sound awful though... I'm not too interested in wasting money to make my audio sound terrible

They said they was surprised by how good it sounded, I may try it as id like a sub but trying to keep weight right down aha

If you try it you'll have to let me know how the audio turns out lol. Surely the best way to save weight is ditching the spare wheel and replacing it with a lightweight sub though? Then you'll get good audio and shed some excess weight at the same time

But the tyre is gonna add unnecessary weight. You'd be better off just installing it into the boot floor and adding some sound-proofing to the wheel well. That way you lose a lot of weight and should still have sub that performs well enough for daily use. It won't be bassy enough to win competitions or sound-off, but it'd certainly suit daily use