i re-fitted my standard recirc bov the on monday as i'd tightened up my greddy type rs copy and it seemed to perform a bit better, since fitting the recirc ive noticed the engine being alot more 'torquey' and seems to pull very well from low revs right up to 7k...

so im just wondering what the pro's and cons are of a recirc vs a atmospheric bov?

well im pretty sure mine wasnt leaking... as i had a hks fitted before and that was leaking and the bov i had on it before felt much better than that!

i think i'll stick with my recirc, the noise was starting to get on my wick anyway! :wacko:

stock or no bov ftw.

I had a recirc ARC bov when i had my glanza, and that was tightened up fully as i actually hated the BOV noise after about 2 mins, then shortly after i put the stock item back on and it felt SO much better. more torque, less lag between gears, just lush. it definately wasn't leaking either, ARC stuff doesn't break.

It felt the same when i drove it with a blitz DD on there too, vile in comparison.

I'll never use a BOV on my S14A, ever.

yeah, ive been really impressed with the increase in bottom end torque, and it feels loads more torquey imbetween gear changes as you said eks.

my question is, can you get the fte to chatter with the stock airbox on? (i.e. removing the bov completely) as i know you prefered the airbox too (like me).