oil pressure too high?

Hi guys,

My starlets been in my family for around 7 years now, and she's coming up to the 75k miles.

I done an oil and filter change like every year (regardless of miles) used good quality 10w 40 fully synthetic oil & a blue print oil filter (aprently oe spec)

So next day after oil and filter change I noticed oil all over the cam/aux belts, immediately assumed that I f*×ked up, and checked I hadn't left anything loose, which I hadn't!

So I got it up on a ramp at a friends garage and we noticed that the dip stick tube had come out of the block, further investigation found that the 12mm bolt that holds it in at the top was loose, a rather hopeful but cautious me put it back in with a new seal and tightened the holding bolt.

Few days went past were I drove the car steadily, and it held up a treat, until of course I decided to give it the beans off the lights!

Oil pressure light came on when I got home so I popped the bonnet, sure enough oil everywhere... again 😧

Again, coming from dipstick tube, but this time it's tight.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Hoping nothing serious!

Thanks guys!

Kyle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

150 psi across all cylinders, both breathers are going to atmosphere with filters on them! Plugs don't show any signs of burning oil.

I drove it for a few minuites it didn't pop out, but when I launched off some lights it blew up straight away!