96 Glanza project build

My first Glanza time to make my own little touch on it! Photos to follow

The car he the following spec when I picked it up.

Engine-

Hks silent power exhaust full system including decat

Front mount inter cooler unsure of the make but it's huge lol

Air filter relocation kit to the front grill just above my inter cooler

Hks FCD

Uprated ht leads

Outside-

Cusco coilovers with fully adjustable top mounts

Cusco top strut brace

Tinted windows

Second spoiler

Enkei 5 spoke alloys

Hid kit

Inside-

Fully standard inside upholstery minus a parcel shelf lol

Hks turbo timer

Hks boost gauge

Aftermarket Sony head unit

Edited by marriott

Now I have had chance to do a few modifications to the car starting with weight saving! Completely stripped out back end and fitted 2 cobra bucket seats on custom made rails with Willans harness! Gave me a more planted feeling strait away!

I then decided on doing the abs delete as its so awful so I set to making my brake pipes at work and followed a very useful guide on here which has now been competed and what a difference it has made brakes are so much more responsive!

But for now I'm just buying parts as the winter is when the real work begins thanks to socks I have a few good parts and the good old internet my bedroom is now looking like a parts department lol!

A better update will come very soon as I'm beginning the project in November!

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the long delay in up dates it's been a very busy time lately but time to crack on.

Since the last update I stripped my old engine out and have purchased a fully forged engine off of the forum with only 1500 miles on since built! I couldn't turn the deal down with it also coming with lightweight flywheel and stage 4 clutch!

I have got the engine fitted in the car just need to get it running now!

Here are the pics I promised ages ago...

ED46ED3B-5277-4F9E-8AEB-C18BF48841B3_zps

143521D4-3C72-4D47-AB37-391B8A0FFA33_zps

7EFFA101-0403-4FCC-9F5B-FC8F7BD077A0_zps

Good morning everyone

After some more diag and another set of eyes cast over my car it turns out I had a weak spark so I have changed the igniter and ignition coil and boom I have a really nice blue spark!

Only other problem is where I have been trying to start the car I unfortunately washed the bores with all the fuel going in :( but thanks to a few people with some advice I have been told to use a bit of oil in each bore to build compression up to start it! So this afternoon I'll be doing that to try it hopefully be back on with some news later on!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some good news after some nice father son bonding time this weekend my car has no faults with wiring and is running!

Only issue I have had is it was burning coolant which thanks to the help of scoobysvx it turned out I had vac pipes mixed round with coolant pipe under inlet manifold sorted them out and runs like a dream

Now time to save for nice big turbo and more upgrades