New owner, Saved a EP82

Hey guys, earlier this morning I got my hands on a EP82 GT Turbo, My dad was at the local scrap yard and stumbled across this beauty and has now sold it on to me for a quick drink :D

It's been registered as scrapped so can't go back on the road (I think) so I'm just weighing up my options atm. Put a new battery on it and it fired straight up.

It runs and drives absolutely fine, No idea to why it was weighed in.

So far, the only mods I can confirm are

HKS Turbo timer

HKS Blow off valve

Greddy Boost gauge

Samco (?) pipes everywhere

Longlife exhuast sytem (Not sure if full system or cat back)

Apexi filter

Rota GT3s in good condition

Momo Steering wheel

Haven't checked the underneath yet or the suspension, will do that tomorrow.

The car it's self isn't in the greatest condtion body wise, but hoping a quick polish will help its looks

No idea on what power it's running, feels a lot faster than the claimed 130hp

Here's a few pictures, not the prettiest thing but I don't care for the price I paid :D

received_1644708612443331_zpsqdcr9ccw.jp

received_1644708055776720_zpswqeregtr.jp

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with a polish should come up nicely, also you should be able to get her back on the road, make a few calls to the dvla and see what the process is. You can obviously prove that it hasn't been scrapped and that it's still a working vehicle.

You couldn't possibly do me a favour could you, when you look underneath could you do a quick measure of the wishbone bolt to bolt? I have put up a post a few days ago but no luck as of yet, plus if you're already under there it would be greatly appreciated :)

What a great find how dare they scrap a gt, possibly stolen & recovered job or the cops took it off the road no car tax or insurance.

once the Certificate of Destruction is issued the car cannot go back on the road with that chassis number from what I can find.

Edited by mart1

I've thought about going and asking the owner why they scrapped it, but if it's a case of the owner dying I feel like it'd be a bit disrespectful

I can see where your coming from but even if I was grieving I wouldn't scrap a car in that condition. I'm assuming you have the V5 ? Find the address off that and send them a letter! Very old school but effective:D

James

Awesome find! credit to you

maybe just pick up a rolling shell and reshell everything into that?

The lad who i share my lock up with scraps cars etc and buys loads of cars that he intends to do up then ends up scrapping them. from his experiences, once a chassis number has been declared as scrapped there's no going back.