hi guys im thinkin of decatin my car at the weekend for around 150 quid cust made with downpipe. just wondering is there anything that needs doing or looking out for after decating the car ? im aware of boost creep and the puting in a ring in the pipe or sumfing to stop overboosting. also is this going to make it stupidly loud ? pops n bangs n all sorts ?! not after being too loud but would mind the odd overun noise lol

any help be great thanks

youll be hitting fuel cut on cold nights for sure. unless youve got that covered.

yes it will be lots louder. and you might get the odd pop and bang.

the noise all depends on the system you have. mine is silyl silly loud, but i have a fuji power getter. so i expected it.

also, 150 quid is steep for a decat mate...

Get a zep, or if youre running a cast manifold, go for a japspeed..There even cheaper.

As for noise, as Rick stated, it all depends on the rest of youre system.

I'd personally fit the manifold AND decat together, when you have the tools out may as well save time and do both..

Or just remove the cast oem manifold and carefully grind out the restriction with a dremel.

5Zigen Pro Racer A Spec is on the cards rick soon as the coilovers and intercooler are done

i only got the zep decat now because it was such a bargin and to be honest ive seen good gains from fitting the decat.

decat made huge difference...it also turneed my omgwtfexpensive Hayward & Scott exhaust from low-key, refined sounding, to a Barry Boys special. It's not too bad, it's damn burbly for a 1.3L engine, and it makes a nice sound...but seriously, the Blitz Decat has multiplied the volume by 2 or 3 times, it's silly loud

know what you mean mate, ive got nur spec and will soon have zep decat and cruise-esque manifold, decent now its been completely rewelded and fettled.

i was thinking about side exit in front of the front bumper but not sure if itl be a bit over the top.