Will a decat give me boost creep

What boost have you it running on? My engine light used to pop on after full boost but found out that it was my speed sensor on the gearbox it wasn't connected, get some copper wire with insulation still on it strip off both ends so you have two copper ends and bridge TE1 and E1 in your diagnostics port and have someone look at the engine light on your dash and count the flashes, there'll be a series of flashes then a pause then another series of flashes for example 3 flashes and a pause then 2 flashes will mean the code is 32, that should give you your fault code for the engine light mate

not noticed engine light to flash, the engine seems to stutter a little when this happens then engine light comes on for a few seconds then goes off :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What boost are you running? If anything over .85 it'll hit fuel cut unless you've a fuel cut defender or something installed

its standard rebuilt ct9 with decat, top mount, hks actuator and cat back exhaust the boost gauge is showing around 0.6 it looks like to me

Have you got an air filter down near the front of the car that will cause boost creep in this weather.

If not then whip off your turbo and port the w/g that's the next issue.

yea im running a relocation kit at the front behind the bumper grill, okay al see if i can port the w/g cheers

Yeah if your running air filter relocation or meshed turbo with no filter it can cause boost creep I thought I had the same issue on a ct9 but ended up being cracked manifold and stuff that was making it run badly, went td04 and I'll never go back ct9 :)

ye think its defo boost creep because car does go but wont fully boost all the way :(