Cam belt slipped

Just a update i had my mate look at it he reckoned it sound bottom endey so i droped sump off and checked crank which is nice and tight along with all other bottom end bearings, no metal deposits in the sump either

So what are my other options? bent valves?

the car will turn over and start but sound like a machine gun

before removing head, rotate crank so pistons are only half way up the bore and rotate the crankshafts and feel where there is resistance, that might give you a indication which valve could possibly be bent if you suspect its a bent valve

if you have access to cylinder leak test tool even better

first strip the cam cover side off and remove the belt and rotate the idlers and see if anything is out of place.

you should ideally take it to a mechanic- car will be in front of him and he can check while online advice only goes so far

good luck and hopes it a izi fix :thumbsup:

before removing head, rotate crank so pistons are only half way up the bore and rotate the crankshafts and feel where there is resistance, that might give you a indication which valve could possibly be bent if you suspect its a bent valve

if you have access to cylinder leak test tool even better

first strip the cam cover side off and remove the belt and rotate the idlers and see if anything is out of place.

you should ideally take it to a mechanic- car will be in front of him and he can check while online advice only goes so far

good luck and hopes it a izi fix :thumbsup:

Cheers for the information mate

I've got a mate who is a mechanic looking at it saturdayband I've ordered valves anyway

But there isn't a garage around me I would trust lol there all robbing bastards