What ECU's in Essex

Hi everyone

This is aimed at the starlet owners in Essex, want to know where people have taken there cars to get an ecu fitted and mapped, what ECU you are running and your set up really.

Let me know where you recommend

Atspeed are good, but are only interested in doing the big money standalone stuff.

Redline in Basildon are great, I use a daztek unichip version 4 and have had great results (323bhp on a gt28), they fitted and mapped it and the cars been bang on. Whole setup with mapping and fitting cost me just shy of 700 pounds. I think they could have done the same but using emerald standalone for 1250.

Steven Windett also has used them in the past, the main mapper in there races starlets in his spare time (barnaby), so he loves in when they come in the door.

Track and road and good, but have a bad attitude towards customers (can't be bothered)

Do not use AMD or TDI South

I know AMD only do euro cars, already asked them and they said to go next door to TDI who I thought looked pretty good, why should I not use them ? I will have to have a look in to the other places you said mate sounds good thanks for letting me know

I know AMD only do euro cars, already asked them and they said to go next door to TDI who I thought looked pretty good, why should I not use them ? I will have to have a look in to the other places you said mate sounds good thanks for letting me know

More than a few people have had bad experiences with them.

They are very used to telling someone who they are building a race car for 'you need this and that, and this is the bill' and as most of there client base will just write them a cheque and it's payed.

No names mentioned, but they are on this forum. 800 pounds for a box rebuild you say? Erm what? :lol:

Lol.

Monkeys, got a name round here.

I see! Care to expand? Not that I've ever used them but i was considering. Be interesting to know what bits awful?

I was going to use them to do my tracking and alignment also.

I see! Care to expand? Not that I've ever used them but i was considering. Be interesting to know what bits awful?

As above, not going to get into too much of a slagging match as I've never used them personally. Just a lot of close freinds.

As above, not going to get into too much of a slagging match as I've never used them personally. Just a lot of close freinds.

Ah no worries. Good to know tho i suppose. You rate the people that did yours tho? Do you have an AFR plot of yours off the dyno? Need to find some decent mappers down south.

Sorry, only just seen the part to do with tracking.

Baring in mind they mostly set up race/track cars I would defiantly give them a try for tracking as they obviusly know there stuff there, that is... if you agree a price before hand :)

Sorry, only just seen the part to do with tracking.

Baring in mind they mostly set up race/track cars I would defiantly give them a try for tracking as they obviusly know there stuff there, that is... if you agree a price before hand :)

Ive spoke to them about that, just standard labour which is 75+ VAT, and it'll be upto 3 or 4 hours.

Let us know if you have copies of ya graphs, be good to have an overlook.

Ah no worries. Good to know tho i suppose. You rate the people that did yours tho? Do you have an AFR plot of yours off the dyno? Need to find some decent mappers down south.

Personally I rate them highly mate yes, whole experience was a pleasure and cars run faultlessly since I've had it back. With great AFR readings on my aem gauge since day 1, what made me away towards them is I know that have a lot of history tinkering with starlets, happy I did now will be using them a lot more in the future :)

go to euro spec in Guildford if you just want a full geo set up its like 85 pounds they really know there stuff when it come to handling mods etc

To gat back on topic what ECU's are people running and what can they do.

Are they stand alone or piggy back?

Can they do closed loop boost controle

Anti lag ect ect

And what about engine, forged ect ?