Fuelling with mods

Basically, what mods can be carried out to a 4efte without playing with the fuelling.

Completely standard at the moment except for a blitz suspower filter and a dump valve. If a full aftermarket exhaust was fitted for example is there a chance it could start running a bit lean?

Not wanting to go too far with tuning just yet, it's so easy on petrol and reliable. Happy to leave the boost alone.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks for the replies. I've read that article before, it's very informative! Removing the A/C might be a possibility.

Don't think I'd bother with modifying the manifold for TD04.

Really what I'm asking is, if I fitted a good manifold, decat downpipe and cat back system to my car for example. Or relocated the air filter to short route... would these things possibly cause the car to lean? Even if boost pressure is being left standard.

no if you stick to the ct9 then go 11 psi with what ever supporting mods you have no mapping

if you go td04 with supporting mods like fmic echaust etc then 7 psi on stock ecu and injectors no mapping

So if I keep my CT9, have my air filter and dump valve, and fit a full aftermarket exhaust. Maybe keep standard intercooler for now. Buy a boost controller and boost gauge, set boost to 11 psi / 0.75 bar, my standard ecu will adjust fuelling to suit the slight increase in boost?

When i had some of the mods that you mentioned my car ran rich. Standard boost too. But each car may be different. I'm glad that i gotten management and had the car tuned.

Ah, I had assumed that if I done any breathing mods using a standard ecu, it wouldn't be supplying enough fuel and run lean!

I know management and a map would be ideal but I'm not sure what route I'm going to take engine wise yet, concentrating on other areas first. Just looking to do some basic mods if I can without risking damage to the engine.

Edited by Turbo Lee

So if I keep my CT9, have my air filter and dump valve, and fit a full aftermarket exhaust. Maybe keep standard intercooler for now. Buy a boost controller and boost gauge, set boost to 11 psi / 0.75 bar, my standard ecu will adjust fuelling to suit the slight increase in boost?

be fine for fueling to just under fuel cut no need to touch the ecu / fueling the stock ecu is wel up to the job

our map sensor will see the hike in boost so send signal to ecu and ecu alters accordingly its whitin the oem ecu spec !!!! as i said dont worry no need to adjust untill you are going to boost PAST fc

be fine for fueling to just under fuel cut no need to touch the ecu / fueling the stock ecu is wel up to the job

our map sensor will see the hike in boost so send signal to ecu and ecu alters accordingly its whitin the oem ecu spec !!!! as i said dont worry no need to adjust untill you are going to boost PAST fc

Sound, thanks ☺