Automatic reverse light wires

i have some pics i could email you with the plug i used in the engine bay--connected to the reverse switch....you can post them here afterwards if they are what you need

i dont know how to load pics on the site (or any site for that matter)

thanks bean

now first off, this set up is on a 1998 ep91 glanza automatic which was converted to manual,,, i dont know if the other ep91 years (1996, 1997, 1999) and/or the auto ep82 has the same exact plug and/or harness/ecu wiring...my car was originally an automatic with ECT (electronic controlled transmission i think it meant)...i know my ecu has 3 plugs

i have heard that the 1994/1995 ep82 automatic with round lights had a 3 plug ecu as well??!?!?...but i'm not sure if they had ECT and the same ecu/wiring as the glanza/ep91

the older model ep82s had 2 plugs ecus from what i remember

again, it would be best to compare the ecu wiring diagrams as posted on this site,,,just to make sure regardless of whichever model you have...safety first always

now from what i was told/learned

the two wires going from the reverse switch to the harness/loom turn on the rear reverse lights, the reverse "beeper" in the car and the reverse dash light ® when you select reverse gear on the manual shifter/gearbox.....we soldered metal pins on the two reverse switch wires to allow them to be pushed/locked into the automatic wiring loom/harness plug in the engine bay.....this plug used to be connected to the ECT which was removed from the car

the fuse is solely there to allow the car to start...i think its tricks the ecu somehow...it acts as a bridge for the two pins it connects.....a piece of wire would have done the same job or some people prefer to solder/connect the two actual wires on the harness itself or closer to the ecu

i strictly opt never to touch my harness if i can avoid it----i've seen/heard some horror stories over the years with persons with electrical issues due to botched wiring

hopefully this helps other members/users

my recommendation is that you double check and triple check everything (wiring, ecu pinouts, diagrams, etc)...if you are not sure, take it to an electrician,,,as all risks are at you otherwise