Lads car has started to overheat bigtime lately sitting at lights and temp gauge goes straight to the top every now and then and the rad is losing coolant aswell but I've checked and doesn't seem to be any visual leaks anywhere any idea could it be thermostat stuck open or anything?

Well if you cant see leaks but your overflow was full.

That says to me the H/G is away or worse. Meaning pressurised air is leaking from the cylinders into your coolant system and then forces the coolant into the over flow bottle and out the top of it.

Either that or its burning your coolant which wouldnt leave any traces of leaks. But your exhaust would smell lovely lol.

Yeah overflow is full but has just stayed full it hasn't bubbled up and burst cap off or anything, rad isn't foaming either so could it be that there's air in the system somewhere, I really hope it's not the headgasket :(

Yeah overflow is full but has just stayed full it hasn't bubbled up and burst cap off or anything, rad isn't foaming either so could it be that there's air in the system somewhere, I really hope it's not the headgasket :(

No probs mate give it a once over in the cold weather it would steam a little but does it smoke when driving normal? could be thermostat getting stuck that's also common if it all checks out good look into changing the rad cap and thermostat

Never checked while I was driving i don't think so tho I've never seen any smoke coming out of exhaust while driving only while at traffic lights have I seen it but that was in cold weather, yeah I'm gonna put the standard cap back on I've got a trd one on it at the moment could be the cause of the overflow filling up !

Been running for about 40 mins now and still bubbles coming through the funnel, it hasn't overheated once and fan is working as normal and temp gauge is staying normal too, small bit of white mist coming out of exhaust not much though and it's not that warm here either

Yeah no bubbling and it's stopped overheating since I burped the radiator :) well for the time being as I haven't driven it much! It wouldn't start for me either so I changed fuel pump and still no joy and then I pulled dizzy cap and points were kinda crusty gave them a bit of a clean and she fired up :)