SOG33K EP91 Glanza Rep

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share my new starlet with you lot, picked it up last week as a wreck and was just going to use it for parts for my other build. http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/95629-aussie-turbo-starlet-life-glanza-build/

I've decided that I will fix this one after I successfully pulled the damage out in the rear with a chain and a tree! It came out pretty easy really. All it needs now is a new rear floor which won't be a problem as I have a few spare Starlet laying around and the damage fixed on the quarter panel.

This one only has 51000 kilometres on the clock and I should be able to make my money back on it from the sale of the engine and gearbox. :)

I purchased the white one in the pic for only $100 from the salvage auctions as well, going to use the power steering out of it and probably scrap the rest as its bent the front rails.

DSCN0220.jpg

The damage!

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

Here's the damage after I pulled the panel out, the rear bar was rubbing on the tyre before.

DSCN0233.jpg

A little love from the hammer got the floor a little better, will still need replacing.

DSCN0247.jpg

Decided would I pull the floor from the other project Starlet, got half the spot welds out, another hour or so should have the floor out.

DSCN0236.jpg

I fitted my Glanza tailgate and wheels, came up pretty good. Going to start the turbo engine and manual conversion over the next week or so

DSCN0243.jpg
DSCN0250.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Engine and box are now out, sold off a few parts as well which has half paid for the car :)

DSCN0324.jpg

I have actually got the turbo conversion almost completed, I just haven't taken any fresh pics as it's been too dark. I found out the turbo manifold has a huge crack so I'm currently chasing a replacement. Once I get another it's a matter of installing the manifold, turbo, radiator, intercooler piping and then the task of wiring it up to work.

Could you take note of the wiring you're changing? I'm planning to do this in the future, would be awesome mate

I bought a Glanza half cut so I can swap out the dash wiring harness. I was going to wire it up and found a some diagrams for the pin out locations for the different ECU's.

89661-10200.gif

89661-10220.gif

EP91-WiringDiagramarjayEDIT.jpg

Hope these are of some help?

This is the half cut I got, plan is to sell all the bits off I don't need and make the money back on it.

IMG_0469.jpg

nice one, wish I could do that but it will be hard as I'm in France... where did you ge that half cut?

I think because of the Australian import laws where they cant import a car that's been sold in their country, they can only get halfcuts, mostly from japan i think. Ive seen it a couple times with different cars

nice one, wish I could do that but it will be hard as I'm in France... where did you ge that half cut?

I picked it up from a local importer

I think because of the Australian import laws where they cant import a car that's been sold in their country, they can only get halfcuts, mostly from japan i think. Ive seen it a couple times with different cars

Our import laws are changing now apparently but I don't think we can import a Glanza at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Engine is in and finally running :yahoo: I had some issues with the wiring as the Glanza half cut is a 96 model and mine is a 99. Luckily I have a few complete cars and was able to strip the full harness from one and was then able to plug in the fuel pump and get it going. Also had to find an early model Glanza steering wheel and airbag as mine is electronic airbag and the Glanza one is mechanical apparently, luckily there was one on eBay which I promptly bought :thumbsup:.

Once I got it going I quickly bled the clutch and gave it a quick run around the property, still have to put the radiator and intercooler piping on and then the dash back in. Looking to get all this done next week and then I can start with the bodywork and spare wheel well replacement.

Hoping to get it back to my house on the weekend, i'll get some new pics then and throw them up. Getting a little excited now to get it on the road and driving.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to putting the dash back in it, just have to strip the rest of the interior and change the rear loom and modify the steering column so that the indicator/wiper stalks fit as the early model units don't fit :(

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

Also changed over all the dash lights to white LED, will grab another pic later tonight when it's dark.

IMG_0562.jpg

Changed over the speedo and cleaned the cluster up and re-installed.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

Slowly getting there, most of the conversion is complete and it's just body work that has to be done now.

• 2 weeks later...

You're doing a 96 or 98 front?

98 front with Glanza S bonnet

Getting ever closer dude!!

I know, can't wait for it to be done.

That would be an amazing sleeper :p

Indeed it will. Nothing over the top and nice and clean. Will be going TD04 and e85 eventually.

Picked up some Glanza fold in mirrors the other day, much cleaner than the standard ones.

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Just need to get hold of some door transfer cables. I can't find any Glanza ones but have found some EP82 GT ones that I will make work as I also need to wire up for power windows, central locking and speakers.

• 1 month later...

Updates??

Its coming along slowly still, mostly been tidying up the engine bay and getting the radiator and all hoses etc connected up. I've got all the front guards, bonnet, bar, lights etc all removed ready for the Glanza bits to go on.

Also cut out the rear floor that was damaged, just have a little bit more work to do to fit the replacement floor I have.

IMG_0729.jpg

The damaged rail on the left has been cut out, just need to get the rail cut out of my parts car ready to put in this one.

IMG_0727.jpg

My daughter decided she wanted to help me :thumbsup: she think this one is going to be painted pink lol!

• 2 months later...