lads who have done the n/a conversion to turbo. ?

what did you do with the old engine? my girlfriend is in need of a new one please help. also posted on technical. section . help a girl out (my girlfriend) not me lol . this was her first car and she isnt happy with the starlet now. we need to change her mind . can someone please help with looking out for and na engine? i will love you for it as she was crying all day today as she took a loan out for it and it was a private sale. i know where this guy lives but it quite far from us . i will get him 2 pay if not ........ smash smashty smash but were trying to come up with a few more options before it goes that far. this goes out 2 everyone i beg

Shit man, sorry to hear about that. It's worse when a loved one feels pain B) . I'll keep a look out for you mate, i've bin ringin a few brakers maself cuz im looking for bits and bobs so no harm enquiring about an engine for you...

Afta the geeza coffs up. Don't hit im n get sent dwn. Do his fukin house n car over <_<

if u were prepared to wait like....6months i'd happily give u mine for like...MUCHO CHEAPS!!! but i need a 4efte in VERY good condition first!

feel really bad for her man! pass on our regards!! thats total shit! i assume u want it sorted asap but i just dont have a replacement engine for mine right now.

Phil.

its burning oil. could be piston rings so very pricey. arent you gettin a conversion done? if you are ill grab your engine in it now?

I knew it was burning oil <_<

any scrappies near you mate? go and have a look in starlets/corollas and see if you can get the engine out of one that's at a scrappy, like if it's been in a crash and the body is fucked but the engine (atleast the block) is fine, you could always use a 5E-FE if you can't find a 4E.

I knew it was burning oil <_<

any scrappies near you mate? go and have a look in starlets/corollas and see if you can get the engine out of one that's at a scrappy, like if it's been in a crash and the body is fucked but the engine (atleast the block) is fine, you could always use a 5E-FE if you can't find a 4E.

but i cant build an engine back to its origional glory it would be good to get the whol shhhbang as i could get a few mates to just do a straight swap.

bump....

Id give you mine but it has done 95k and i've been ragging the tits off it for the last month as im doing the conversions as well.

Also quite a few bits of the engine are already sold as well, like the inlet mani.

Sorry mate mines burning oil too and im not doing the conversion for a while

Corollas have the same 4efe engine so go to the scrappy, got more chance of finding one of them than a Starlet :(

Plus it will have a Rolla main :(

your all so nice cheers for the support guys i dont know what im gonna do this fuckin guy was gettin lairy to my bird today not letting her get a word in. hes a pussy n e way so no worries there lol i think its gonna have to be a night time jobby with a round of baseball.

your all so nice cheers for the support guys i dont know what im gonna do this fuckin guy was gettin lairy to my bird today not letting her get a word in. hes a pussy n e way so no worries there lol i think its gonna have to be a night time jobby with a round of baseball.

could always give him some "party trick treatment"...

spray water on his windows then roll toilet paper down them so it sticks and completely cover his windows, he'll wonder what's happened when he goes downstairs the next morning and opens the curtains

if he has a front garden that isn't concrete or something, get a few bags of plastic forks and stick them all in his lawn

superglue his letterbox shut and the same for his door knocker if he has one

etc...

harmless but hilarious (if you find things like that funny)

on a more serious note, is this bloke you're talking about the one who sold you the car? where did you buy the car, and was it advertised as "working fine" or "good condition"? something along those lines? if so, you could probably do something about it... false advertising

ah I just read the first post and saw "private sale"... was it on autotrader or something?

could always give him some "party trick treatment"...

spray water on his windows then roll toilet paper down them so it sticks and completely cover his windows, he'll wonder what's happened when he goes downstairs the next morning and opens the curtains

if he has a front garden that isn't concrete or something, get a few bags of plastic forks and stick them all in his lawn

superglue his letterbox shut and the same for his door knocker if he has one

etc...

harmless but hilarious (if you find things like that funny)

on a more serious note, is this bloke you're talking about the one who sold you the car? where did you buy the car, and was it advertised as "working fine" or "good condition"? something along those lines? if so, you could probably do something about it... false advertising

ah I just read the first post and saw "private sale"... was it on autotrader or something?

yer it was on autotrader and i like your ideas i might go allong those lines. it will cost my girlfriend about £500 to sort or mre so ill be getting my moneys worth if you know what i mean. im not buying fors tho there easy to take out the ground.

Did you write down the details from the ad on AT?

Like in the description where it tells you how many miles it's done, what colour it is, what condition it's in and all that, did it say anything along the lines of:

"runs fine, good condition, no problems"

I'm sure there's things you can do about it if he claimed there were no problems when there is, how much did you pay for it?

How much tax and MOT when you bought it?

Because it looks to me like he's had problems with it and flogged it so he doesn't have to sort them out himself, especially if the tax is nearly up.