Black/Grey Ep82 Eastbourne

I'm in uckfield mate. My car hasn't been on the road much though unfortunately

Ah right neither has mine it had been sitting for three years when I bought it and it went from their driveway straight to mine and there's no plans to rush to get it on the road as I've got a few plans before I do. How come yours isn't?

At least it's going to get saved, don't see many sr's around anymore. This is my 4th glanza and decided after selling up 3 times previously I wanted another and to do a slow in depth build. Bought the car off a friend who had blown a hole in the bottom end, had broken suspension, mix match wheels and tyres, mouldy interior and exterior where it had been sat outside since it broke. Needed lots of attention, so towed it back to mine and bought a new engine a year a go which I was unlucky with due to a pair of so called "mechanics" made a complete bodge and pigs ear of fitting for me. Had the work put right else where and a head rebuild and only had it on the road a couple of weeks before I had another nasty noise coming from under the bonnet. Took it straight off the road and left it for a couple months over Xmas and now me and a friend are starting from scratch with a nice low mileage forged engine and changing loads of bits for new parts along the way. We are half way through the engine swap at the moment. While the engine is out its getting loads of attention in the bay etc. This time it's getting done properly and taking loads of time on the build

At least it's going to get saved, don't see many sr's around anymore. This is my 4th glanza and decided after selling up 3 times previously I wanted another and to do a slow in depth build. Bought the car off a friend who had blown a hole in the bottom end, had broken suspension, mix match wheels and tyres, mouldy interior and exterior where it had been sat outside since it broke. Needed lots of attention, so towed it back to mine and bought a new engine a year a go which I was unlucky with due to a pair of so called "mechanics" made a complete bodge and pigs ear of fitting for me. Had the work put right else where and a head rebuild and only had it on the road a couple of weeks before I had another nasty noise coming from under the bonnet. Took it straight off the road and left it for a couple months over Xmas and now me and a friend are starting from scratch with a nice low mileage forged engine and changing loads of bits for new parts along the way. We are half way through the engine swap at the moment. While the engine is out its getting loads of attention in the bay etc. This time it's getting done properly and taking loads of time on the build

Quite a bit to do then. But like wise at least it's being saved and at least it's like me not in a rush so you can take your time with it but even with that it still makes you think you want it done now so you can drive it.

Ye the worst part is done now, the bay was an absolute state from oil out of the original blown engine then all the usual mess, literally just the running side of it to finish now then over time just adding to it. Would love to be driving it but will be worth the wait in the end. What do you need to do with the sr, anything major?

Edited by dazzariley69

Ye the worst part is done now, the bay was an absolute state from oil out of the original blown engine then all the usual mess, literally just the running side of it to finish now then over time just adding to it. Would love to be driving it but will be worth the wait in the end. What do you need to do with the sr, anything major?

That's fair enough. And I've stripped it out and I've changed the alternator but I want to tidy the engine bay and relocate the battery and put throttle bodies on. It's nothing major that needs doing I just want to get it how I want before I get it on the road.

Sounds good bud. Do you keep an eye on the local owners section? I've not been to a local starlet meet yet but there's a few local starlet owners. I will be showing my face once mines up and running again

I've been to one where they met at pease pottage but there weren't many. But same as you tbh I'd be happier to meet once it's sorted.