Balljoint question

Just went to put my wilwood brakes onto my ep70 but have found a issue where once you put the wheel on,​ the balljoint locks up against the rotor. I'm running the aftermarket balljoint not a genuine one, has anyone got a photo showing the difference the aftermarket one has compared to the genuine one. I'm running ep82 hubs / ball joints etc

Edited by '4AGTE'

What wilwood kit you nunning? Looks the the offset on the discs/ brackets is a bit out. I'v not had this problem with the 3G kits on several cars

It's just a put together kit. Was run on a ep91 for one a couple of track days.

290mm rotors with a 4 pot caliper. He never had any issue with it on his ep91 which is what's confusing me

I had a similar problem a while back and ended up shaving down the front casting of the ball joint, as there really think. Then bought new genuine Toyota ball joints and found they where much smaller than ones bought from local motor factors. There not that expensive from Toyota tbh might help you out.

I had a similar problem a while back and ended up shaving down the front casting of the ball joint, as there really think. Then bought new genuine Toyota ball joints and found they where much smaller than ones bought from local motor factors. There not that expensive from Toyota tbh might help you out.

How much extra room did the genuine ones give you compared to the other ones?

• 4 weeks later...