Poor running on high boost

Hi,

Today I have fitted an uprated fuel pump and pressure regulator to my ep91.I roadtested the car and all was ok.Next I fitted a HKS fcd but when I roadtested it the car would judder and cut out when ever I dipped the clutch and let off the accelerator,also the engine management light would flash on and off.I went back and checked all my connections which were ok.Next time I tried it with the low boost setting switched on and the car drove perfectley.It just wont run properly in high boost mode.This is made even more puzzling because the hi-low adjustment has been disabled since I have owned the car.The light on the dash comes on but it runs 0.7 bar boost whether on or off.If anyone can offer any help I would appreciate it

Cheers

John

Hi,

Today I have fitted an uprated fuel pump and pressure regulator to my ep91.I roadtested the car and all was ok.Next I fitted a HKS fcd but when I roadtested it the car would judder and cut out when ever I dipped the clutch and let off the accelerator,also the engine management light would flash on and off.I went back and checked all my connections which were ok.Next time I tried it with the low boost setting switched on and the car drove perfectley.It just wont run properly in high boost mode.This is made even more puzzling because the hi-low adjustment has been disabled since I have owned the car.The light on the dash comes on but it runs 0.7 bar boost whether on or off.If anyone can offer any help I would appreciate it

Cheers

John

Firstly, who's setting up the RRFPR and FCD?

If you dont know what you're doing, then it has to go on a dyno with wideband and someone who knows what they're doing to set it all up correctly.

also, show us a pic of the engine bay, we can see if the OEM boost control solenoid is there.