hello just wondering has anyone on here actually gotten upgraded cams for a 4efe besides 5efhe cams(cant be got here)

see loads of posts of people talking about them but nothing where anyone actually did get anything. it not for road use so aggressive does not matter.

thanx for any help

ian

are the speedvision ones not only for turbo models. . i know same fitment camshaft but would d lobe not be designed different for a turbo than an na??

i done a lot of looking here for fhe cams was not having much luck. and i started with a jap 4e and have just rebuilt the whole thing and also put on throttle bodies and exhaust and have mapable ecu so can work the rev limit . . just thought the cams would finish it off nicely before bringing it to the rolling road to see what she will do!!

i know d standard ones are the same but thats cause toyota were too lazy to change the cams between the n/a and turbo but any after market cams are designed for a turbo car i dont think they d degree or lift would suit a n/a but could be wrong ha!!

• 4 weeks later...

trust me go for it works well

I hope your right because I plan to buy some speedvision cams in the near future for my JDM 4efe, although lately I have been thinking that the 8.7mm lift might be too large for a non turbo engine to gain extra power, as air isnt being forced in, the extra gap would cause a loss in air velocity and lead to a loss in power? As for the duration I have no clue

Im no engineer so I might be over thinking it, but of course we wouldnt want to waste money on a performance apart that will create a reduction in power

Would be good if some one could give some more insight

Edited by Trevstar34

if the rpm is going 8k + your going to making some seriouse power those cams from speedvision are extreme so a extreme rpm limit of 9000rpm is advised !!!

dont bother on a stock 4efe / and limiter 0f 6.6/7.2 theres just no real power to be had bean there done that

the mater of fact is there is no na parts for out 4efe there almost non existent so you have to make deu what you have available

Edited by 5e colin

the mater of fact is there is no na parts for out 4efe there almost non existent so you have to make deu what you have available

So either it's either 5efhe cams or nothing really for an NA? Unless I went down the custom route, which is well out of my price range, and I don't like the sound of regrinds

Don't forget to upgrade the valve springs by the time you buy decent cams get them fitted amonst other mods you could drop a fte in it seen engine going £500

Yes engine is stripped at the moment and some uprated 4efte springs will be going in, along with other mods to compliment it if I get a set of cams, fte will be a project for the future ;) Edited by Trevstar34