Hi,

I was wondering whats the best one for the Starlet GT or is it better to have a recirculating one? I brought the car with none.

Also i have a front mount intercooler will i need to cut the pipe?

Thanks

You should check out this video, it should explain a lot of questions you might have about dump valves.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fG_b65WiU

I wouldn't say there is a "best" dump valve, just pick one you like the sound of. Would probably avoid fake ones and baileys tho as they seem pretty unreliable

Cheers mate very useful video.

I'm looking at one I like currently. Would the hks ssqv4 with a 34mm flange fit the starlet? It's a universal one.

The standard outlet size is 25mm on the starlet and is connected by hose so you'll probably need a flange adaptor and maybe a reducer hose. Have a look at the pictures of the HKS fitted to other starlets to get an idea of what you might need

I had a look on google and I saw that most starlets have the intercooler pipe cut and the dump valve fitted on there. Couldn't seem to see one with the hks and a front mount intercooler.

Does anyone have a pic of one?

Also do you know if this is the only option as I would prefer not to cut the intercooler pipe?

I had a look on google and I saw that most starlets have the intercooler pipe cut and the dump valve fitted on there. Couldn't seem to see one with the hks and a front mount intercooler.

Does anyone have a pic of one?

Also do you know if this is the only option as I would prefer not to cut the intercooler pipe?

Put up a picture of what you have at the moment so I can get a better idea of what you need

No worries, it just happened recently.

OK so you have a couple of options, you could buy a weldable flange and weld it onto the intercooler piping. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-Weld-On-Pipe-Adapter-Flange-To-Fit-HKS-Sqv-Ssqv-Blow-Off-Dump-Valve-/361258426571?hash=item541cae20cb:g:3ioAAOSwpDdVG-D7 make sure its the same type of metal as your piping. Dean at RW Developments or a decent local fabricator should be able to sort this out for you

Or you could cut a section of the intercooler piping you have out and replace it with something like this, 4 clamps and some silicone hose http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-T-Piece-2-51mm-I-D-50mm-Tial-Dump-Blow-Off-Valve-BOV-Flange-V-Band-Pipe-/191943594494?hash=item2cb0bad1fe:g:ITcAAOSwBahU2KtU