antheon2010

Toyota Roll centres adjusters RCA

Hello

Being a sport racer myself i have developed my personal roll centre adjusters and caster plates to aid in the handling characteristics of the under rated toyota chassis. 

This is what i have came to develep.I can possibly help if any are interested. I also have developed caster adjustment plates.

Cheers

20181207_104615.jpg

Edited by antheon2010

It depends how much one will go low. The vertical shaft that goes into the knuckle instead of the lca balljoint can be replaced to different length.

I do have machined longer ones for more lowered eps.

29 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

That's really interesting. But isn't this designed based off your cars needs.

It depends how much one will go low. The vertical shaft that goes into the knuckle instead of the lca balljoint can be replaced to different length.

I do have machined longer ones for more lowered eps.

The lower control arm on a car must never be higher then parallel to the ground. On lowered eps the lca point sky high and as a result starlets do not corner but more over try to turn into a corner as the geometry is not in a good form.

It depends on how low the car is. Im finalizing my design and taking various drops to maching various pin lengths.

The ideal lca position is to be pointed downwards so it shall be parallel to th ground when the suspension dives such as at a stock height car.

Edited by antheon2010

Ah that's really interesting. As I say more technical than your average Joe, but not impossible to understand.

But I guess it comes back to my original point, the RCA must be made to suit the cars geometry then?

Yes depending how low you go.

Its for people who love more b roads and push it to the limit on tracks.

Edited by antheon2010

Good idea, my concern with a road car would be longevity of it unless you could come up with a suitable boot to put over the rose joint. 

As for the length you would find a happy medium say that OEM is fine for 0 -30mm drop

Then offer length a/b/c for 30-45/45-60/60-75 etc, it would offer a vast improvement in the overall geometry than if you ran the OEM ones.

On another note, you could almost use this as a secondary means of camber adjustment too, albeit you would have to undo it to adjust it and it wouldn't be locked up Securely. Maybe a future revision could somehow incorporate that? 

Yes you can run a  boot if one is considering everyday use.

Yes it can be used for added camber but one needs to unbolt it but as as for your doubt that it may not be locked up its machine out of T7 aluminium and have steel timeserts M26x1.5mm to take M20x1.5mm rosejoints. 

A lefthand / righthand thread would be adequate but in this situation its very limited.