starlet oil pressure,what should it be ?

Changed the pressure relief valve and that's made a huge difference. Now on start up I'm getting 4 bar but after 15 minutes it's dropping to 7psi at 800rpm. But 3000rpm I'm getting 42 psi . Is this good ? I'm thinking it could be better ?

whip your sump off, and take the oil pressure relief valve off.. strip it and clean it. I have even put a 1mm washer in to umph the pressure a little. I take mine on track and suffer from low oil pressure on idle when really warm. They can get clogged up after a period of time and become sticky. For anyone that has the same issue and thinks the worst give this a go first 👍

Changed the pressure relief valve and that's made a huge difference. Now on start up I'm getting 4 bar but after 15 minutes it's dropping to 7psi at 800rpm. But 3000rpm I'm getting 42 psi . Is this good ? I'm thinking it could be better ?

You should of checked the bearings too while the sump was off 👍🏻

5/40 or 10/40 would be no different. You could try a 50. The thing is there is something causing the low oil pressure. And spacing the valve is just masking the issue as is thicker oil really. Oil pressure is greatly affected by the clearance on bearings, cams etc

I think I may have found the problem just drained the oil and took the sump off and it was staring me in the face I went a bit crazy with the gasket sealer so it's spewed into the sump and the pick up has sucked it all up so I've cleaned it all off and put it back together not going mental with the gasket sealer. So fingers crossed for tomorrow.

• 1 month later...