So I have fitted my 16x7s on the front running 205/55s, I don't have the money to buy new tires or anything the tire is rubbing on the wheel well, when I try turn full lock to the left the left rear side of the tire rubs on well same with the right tire, is there anything I can do to the wheel well just to stop it rubbing? Is it possible to just sand back the but it's rubbing on till it doesn't rub anymore? Or try knock it back a bit?

IMG_2972_zpsdnvf9b5p.jpg

This is the wheel on the car, It rubs in this spot here! VV

IMG_2977_zpsvk1ux79w.jpg

The left side of the tire so closest side to the camera is the side of the wheel (when i have my 16s on) that rubs on it. the rest of the wheel has fine clearance!

Edited by glentwenty

Just an update on the rubbing, This is how bad the rub is

IMG_2978_zpsdbgkqyqg.jpg

Its going to take alot more than some sanding! I have tried sanding it back a bit but i think it needs to move back quite a bit. If only i could knock that one area back a little bit then it would all be okay!

IMG_2972_zpsdnvf9b5p.jpg

This is the wheel on the car, It rubs in this spot here! VV

IMG_2977_zpsvk1ux79w.jpg

The left side of the tire so closest side to the camera is the side of the wheel (when i have my 16s on) that rubs on it. the rest of the wheel has fine clearance!

Fuck man that's just the wrong tyre on the wrong wheel and with an inch spacer as well lol!!! Bid put the standard wheels back on till you can get proper sized tyres.

Sorry but they also look ridiculously oversized as well

Fuck man that's just the wrong tyre on the wrong wheel and with an inch spacer as well lol!!! Bid put the standard wheels back on till you can get proper sized tyres.

Sorry but they also look ridiculously oversized as well

They are only 16s aha :p

You'll prob be buying tyres sooner than you want to anyway because the way thata sitting just now the arch will burn through thwm in no time.

When i had 16s on my old GT i had 195/45/R16 tyres, even they looked big.

You'll prob be buying tyres sooner than you want to anyway because the way thata sitting just now the arch will burn through thwm in no time.

When i had 16s on my old GT i had 195/45/R16 tyres, even they looked big.

Will 205/50's stop rubbing? Cause i don't have the money to be forking cash out for low profiles :/

Will 205/50's stop rubbing? Cause i don't have the money to be forking cash out for low profiles :/

I doubt it, looks like the overall width and profile of the tyre has to be brought down to a minimum.

a 205 50 will have a profile in mm of 102.5 and you currently have 205 55 which have a profile in mm of 112.75, so that would only give you about 10mm less height overall, but the width would still be the same.

I doubt it, looks like the overall width and profile of the tyre has to be brought down to a minimum.

a 205 50 will have a profile in mm of 102.5 and you currently have 205 55 which have a profile in mm of 112.75, so that would only give you about 10mm less height overall, but the width would still be the same.

Looks like ill just have to sell them off haha :p