So, last week I purchased another starlet to add to my collection. It's a 1.0 ep80 on carb and want to convert it to efi, im not sure what engine I want to put in it yet 4efte or go for a 5e or a jdm 4e or whatever. What will I need for the conversion? I have a spare uk spec ep91, am I able to take or use anything from that?

Hoping to gather a concise list of parts and maybe a tutorial of how to for anyone in the future.

Thanks Sam

ud run into wiring difficulties if you use p9 loom in p8 better of finding a 2ee engined p8 in the scrappy and salvage al its parts ( a lot )

I was looking to get hold of an 85 loom and maybe ecu, the main things are the fueling side of things. What would I need for that?

You have a couple of options. Easiest is to just swap in the EP82 efi tank and lines as the tank has the pump carrier and internal swirl pot, and the lines have the return and are the right size. Other option is if you really have to you can run an external pump inline from the stock pickup but usually the carb tanks don't have an internal swirl pot so make sure you run it with plenty of fuel in the tank to avoid surge. You'll need to install a efi fuel filter (NOT carb fuel filter) and a return line too. Which is why its easier just to bolt in the ep82 stuff.

You have a couple of options. Easiest is to just swap in the EP82 efi tank and lines as the tank has the pump carrier and internal swirl pot, and the lines have the return and are the right size. Other option is if you really have to you can run an external pump inline from the stock pickup but usually the carb tanks don't have an internal swirl pot so make sure you run it with plenty of fuel in the tank to avoid surge. You'll need to install a efi fuel filter (NOT carb fuel filter) and a return line too. Which is why its easier just to bolt in the ep82 stuff.

So the best idea would be to get a P8 efi donor car and swap over everything, I assume that means the layout is too different between p9 and p8s?

Keep the carb setup and put it on a 4e or 5e. Adjust the jet size's and it would be great.

Could be an idea but It would want a good basis for any engine ideas, so probably efi would be better