i know this has been covered fifty million times I've read through them all. . but had anyone still actually put together something decent in an n/a 4efe? before anyone says turbo it i cant im putting one together for a form of rally here and highest i can go is 1.3 so cant put in the 5E or turbo it.

i have a jap spec 4E , have 5efhe cams have 4efte lightweight flywheel, corolla inlet manifold and 50mm throttle body and an exhaust manifold. so besides get a map on it is there much else to add??

thanx

emissions or anything like that not issue it wont be tested

i know this has been covered fifty million times I've read through them all. . but had anyone still actually put together something decent in an n/a 4efe? before anyone says turbo it i cant im putting one together for a form of rally here and highest i can go is 1.3 so cant put in the 5E or turbo it.

i have a jap spec 4E , have 5efhe cams have 4efte lightweight flywheel, corolla inlet manifold and 50mm throttle body and an exhaust manifold. so besides get a map on it is there much else to add??

thanx

emissions or anything like that not issue it wont be tested

Port and polish the head? Skim the head for higher compression? I believe a few of the corollas came with a 4-2-1 or even the 5efe? Put it on throttle bodies and get a decent map? Also on the flange of the corolla inlet manifold have you made it bigger to match the throttle body as I know the one I built up with a 50mm throttle body the flange hole was 45mm so I welded along the outside of the flange and ground out the hole to match the throttle body. Still waiting to get it on the car lol.

Another question if I skim head and skim block and have fhe cams wat thickness head gasket will I get away with. Will the 0.5 be too thin? Will I have to use standard thickness round 1.3?

Another question if I skim head and skim block and have fhe cams wat thickness head gasket will I get away with. Will the 0.5 be too thin? Will I have to use standard thickness round 1.3?

I dont know to be honest, I would say get it all measured up so how much the piston sits out the block then measure how deep the recess in the head where the piston goes and see how much clearance you have. Measure it standard then work out what gasket you are going to use and calculate how much you can safely skim off the head. I have never done this my self but if your going to look into it doing speak with a professional or someone whos done it a few times. But remember the more you skim off the higher compression. Go to high may lead to having to use fuels that aren't available at petrol stations or even worse the engine wont run at all. Go/find someone to speak with whos built a couple of high compression engines. More the experience the better I say