Overheating problem

I find it strange that it says that as I wouldnt say the coolant controls the temp of the engine.

Surely the temp is controlled by the thermostat and the radiators ability to dissipate the heat.....meaning if waterless coolant runs at a higher temp than water, surely that makes it less efficient at dispersing the heat it is there to dissipate in the first instance.

Strange

what i think they mean with a higher temp waterless coolant, that the boiling point of the fluid is higher.

the coolant system works like a pressure coocker.

take regualr water as coolant ( not a good idea but for the example) boiling point of regular water is 100 degree C. but when you alloq the water to be pressurerised it coud mean that the boiling point becomes 110 degree C.

when water start to boil (gass is greater volume than liquid) the pressure risses and then the radiator cap would depressure the system by venting it to reservoir.

so if you could increase boiling point of the coolant it could take higher temps. but why......?

like studoc 72 said you need to desperse the heat from the engine to keep it around 80-90 degree C.

i would stick to manufacturer recommended coolant. special with the added dopes to prevent corosion due mix of metals used in the engine and coolant system.

correct me if i'm wrong ;)

• 2 weeks later...