Head rebuild threads ?

There is nothing to it man.

I'm no mechanic and I did my own.

Just take it all apart and you'll see how it needs to go back together

Need a couple of tools but nothing major.

Watch a wee tutorial on lapping valves back.

Greek fella Chris of tgtt has a full engine build set of videos on YouTube aswell which are worth a nosey

Phil

It's always worthy of replacing springs as they sag and lose tension over time. But unless you're going to raise the rev limiter or put in different cams, I wouldn't worry and just use what came out.

Tried looking springs online but could only find uprated ones which I'm not interested in spending 200 odd quid on. Id like to change them anyway just. Get standards from Toyota ? An no, no uprated cams or anything will be going in

make sure you label the shims before you remove them....like in1, in2,etc...ex1, ex2, etc

put them back in the exact spot you took them from when reassembling

PS- remember to put the "tension/service bolt" into the cam before you remove it

Edited by gorganl2000

Was just gonna set everything in tubs in the order they would be in the head and yea will do. Out a curiosity I got my head there at the weekend and had a look and the two dots on the cam gears were directly lined up but where the service bolt goes was sitting off so I couldn't get the bolt through ?