Running an ep82 ecu independently

Joined the site to try and help with an engine conversion I'm doing for a friend,I'm putting an ep82 engine into a 106,what I was hoping to do was rune the ecu separately and just tag off of the Peugeot wiring for power and feeds,has anybody got any ideas if this is possible and if so what wires would I need to connect for what e.g power,earth and so on,any help is much appreciated

Yeah use full engine loom from a 4efte. Then like you say power and earths, the engine loom goes into the fuse box in the bay as well which will need splicing in.

You'll need fuel pump, oil light, engine light, all will need wiring through to the 106 dash loom, Starter signal and a fair heap more go from bay fuse box through to the dash.

Its best to label/list everything then do the same on the 106 and basically stick them together.

Thats the principle we followed when sticking the 4ages in both my cars

I've got the full engine loom was just wondering what wires from where as there's a plug that goes to the fuse box in the engine bay,also then another plug into the car to the fuse box inside,also so I'm presuming it's a map sensor and another sensor on the bulkhead but the plug for those is on the car loom not engine loom