5EFE ECU on 4EFE Engine

u own a levin! and u cant decide whether to sell it or buy a turbo kit! i talk to rick every day, i know your thoughts!! be quiet!

i believe Joz had issues with the 5e ecu when he did some of his work Idrees, he may even still have the 4e ecu in with the 5e engine! best to drop him a shout man!

Phil.

i dont think it turns over with the 5e ecu, hence why people are still using the 4e one with the 5e engine...

I cant see it helping tbh, like phil said it has a lower rev limiter aswell, which is useless on the 4e...

Save and get a proper piggy back :p

Its not really meant for gains, just a lot more suited for the intended engine albeit 4efe/5efe.

Altho very similar, both engines have slightly different compression ratio.

And the car will start but not run at all unless you use the rmsnoel method.

Joz

Well we picked up a 5EFE ECU from a breaking Paseo today.

It fitted straight in to my brothers NA Starlet and the car runs prefectly.

Took it for a little drive, rev limit feels the same to him.

Performance wise we actually don't know whether its improved. Its nothing major though because we would have felt it if it was.

The way to find out is by putting up against mine but obviously that can't be done yet! (I bet I could smoke his arse though! :p )

it feels a little bit more respensive in midrange revs, but we all do the thing of when we fit something to a car, to expect a difference, been using it all night & its been running fine. also when i do put my foot down you can hear the inlet more than the exhaust now, before the inlet sound wasnt so loud. sounds better though.

its going turbo in a few months mate, just saving up to get it resprayed, then hopefully get the engine, gearbox and driveshafts. i've just got hold of a 4e-fte wiring loom, now i need a 4e-fe to have the two edited.