hard to get gears after gearbox swap

Just make sure if your getting another second hand clutch its not bent too. I think the cause is when you put the box on you where a bit rough and hit the body of the clutch disc with the splined shaft.

I've done it before lol

that could well be it when we were fitting it we put the box on we put it on slightly twisted to avoid the rear mount slid it in and then twisted it anti clock wise so the rear gearbox bracket could slide between the rear mount then wiggled it on to the engine making sure it was sitting flush and into the dowls

whats the best way of doing this can i fit the flywheel clutch kit box back on linkages connected back on its mounts and try it then just without drives and wiring and other small bits left undone basically just to check everything is ok before i fully finish it

See when I take the box off I remove the sandwich plate and throw it away. Plenty of cars have the flywheel exposed. That means you can leave the cups in the box without having to avoid the plate.

I also leave the mounts on the car with only the rear mount bracket on the box. If you let the engine hang down and more of an angle, nothing will get in your way.

Cups arent an issue mines has inner cv joints I popped the complete drives outta the box its just as handy

None of the mounts are removed long 14mm at back and the 2 14s under front one box bracket is left on