I am having a bit of a problem with the Jperfromance FMIC.

The kit came with the usual bar & right angle mounts and then some mate setpins. These setpins only fit into the mounts located at the top of the radiator and not the ones located on the sides. The holes on the side look like they are M10 however an M10 setpin feels as though it does not want to go in.

Tbh the threads look as tho they have been tapped terribly. Any suggestions from guys that have fitted these before?

Cheers for the pics. My FMIC does not have the bit in the top centre for support. It has 2 mounts on the bottom where the intake and exit are on the cooler and 2 on the sides near the top. Thinking i'm going to have to get the side mountings re-drilled and tapped if I can.

I'm sure that the fmic should be mounted to the crash bar via the 2 side mounts?

Here is the bracket 'kit' I was given.

BeRg0DL.jpg

And some pics for ref of how the car stands atm and the fmic layout.

YCSJbUd.jpg

E6NSQmh.jpg

sjdvdnQ.jpg

AoCjJdh.jpg

I had this issue and ended up going to my local hardware store and got some bolts to fit.... pretty sure ended up getting imperial sized ones :/

My guess is its just made in China and they don't use metric thread type and use UNC/UNF. The threads are crap anyway so i'm going to see if our fabricator at work can re-tap them. Just hope there is enough room to do so.

Did you mount the hangars to the crash bar?

Edited by StanMan

All on and sorted now. :D

Made my own hangars, the ones that came with the kit were pathetic. Just gotta sort out vac line to dump valve and wait for my new air filter (guy sent wrong one) and then time to cut the hell out of the front bumper.

Hammer is optional by the way :p

xjVTCjX.jpg

rpZ2p9h.jpg