I have bought myself a cheap 1994 gt which is in need of help lol, the lad who i bought it off managed to fuck the crank and 2 big end bearings! the car still has quiet a bit of mot left so i only need to tax it once the engine is transplanted. I bought the car for £900 with a spare engine and a set of 14" white oz rally slag alloys.The car come with some reclining buckets and trd harneses ( probably fake lol ) which are being removed. Here are a few pics of when i picked the car up, i will keep updating when i make progress.

6fe6_41.jpg

6fe9_41.jpg

6fee_41.jpg

6ff0_41.jpg

Started stripping the fucked engine down and removing all the ancileries i could easily get to, my uncle took som e random pics which aren't really good.

PICT0220.jpg

PICT0221.jpg

PICT0222.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

PICT0224.jpg

PICT0225.jpg

PICT0226.jpg

PICT0227.jpg

PICT0228.jpg

PICT0229.jpg

PICT0230.jpg

PICT0231.jpg

PICT0232.jpg

PICT0233.jpg

PICT0234.jpg

PICT0235.jpg

PICT0236.jpg

Right i managed to get the fucked engine removed today, it was fairly easy and i had never done anything like this before. I borrowed an engine crane and stand from one of my mates, removed driveshafts and engine + gearbox mounts and lowered the engine onto the floor. I will upload pics tomorrow as they are at my uncles. I made a start on my rocker cover yesterday as the weather kept changing from snow to hail to sun, i have painted it orange and am going to do the toyota and stripes black. Here are a couple of sneeky pics so far.

BILD0028.jpg

BILD0029.jpg

Forgot to mention the clutch is fucked and it looks like it has never been changed, so i ordered an exedy clutch, rocker cover gasket and smaller powersteering belt as i have removed the aircon. Also gutted the cat and am going to get rid of the restrictor in the manifold. Need to order a new grommet for the pcv valve and washers for the rocker cover bolts, am going to replace the cam belt while the engine is out as well.

Few little pics of my painting so far, have decided only to do the toyota on the rocker cover black now. And have painted the intercooler bracket as well, and have started to prime the boost pipes, turbo pipe and the gt badge. I still haven't got the pics of the engine removal yet.

BILD0030.jpg

BILD0031.jpg

BILD0033.jpg

BILD0034.jpg

BILD0035.jpg

BILD0036.jpg

A little update, i have had to strip the rocker cover back down as when i applied the laquer it reacted with the paint :( anyway here are the few usable pics from when the engine came out. Also my Exedy clutch, rocker gaskett and smaller power steering belt arrived today :) the clutch looks 1000 times better than the fucked one lol.

PICT0237.jpg

PICT0238.jpg

PICT0242.jpg

one fucked clutch plate

PICT0243.jpg

fucked engine notice the colour of the top end!!!

PICT0245.jpg

nice mate, what do you do to be so mechanicaly compitent, as you say its easy

i plan on taking an engine in and out, the only thing that worrys me is the loom, unplugging it, etc

how did you go about removing the engine?

doyou have any helpfull advice?

I wouldn't say i am mechanicaly competant geo lol, but i refuse to pay garages to work on my cars. The car only cost £900 so if i fuck it up it is not that much of a big deal, plus the knowlege i am gaining from this is worth it. When i bought the car the lads brother had removed most of the loom ( i am not looking forward to putting it back together) but it is really easy to remove the engine.

1, lable all of your connections on your loom eg what i will do if i do it again, number each sensor and each connector, 1/1, 2/2 and so on.

2, remove all of your sensors, speedo cable and gear linkages.

3, remove your front wheels and then remove the 2 bolts that hold on the drive shafts.

4, i found it easier to remove the 3 bolts from the bottom of the wishbones i think that is what they are, so that driveshafts stay in the gearbox.

5, connect your engine upto the engine crane.

6, remove the bolts for the 2 engine mounts and the 1 gearbox mount,and the engine should then be free.

7, i then lowered the engine onto a dolly and then used the crane to lift the car up high enough to pull the engine out.

8, put the axle stands under the front of the car and that is that.

Geo as long as you lable all of your loom you should be fine, as i said the previous owner had removed all the loom without labeling it up so it is going to be a nightmare to put back :) hope this helps.

Bit of an update, all of the things i have ordered have arrived :smile: they are :-

1, Exedy clutch

2, New engine mount

3, Cam belt

4, smaller power steering belt

5, New altinator belt

6, Pcv rubber gromet

7, 5 rocker cover gasket washers

8, Rocker cover gasket

9, New fuel filter

And i have nearly re-assembeled the new engine tonight :smile: Hear are a few pics.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

nice work dude!! look forward to ceing more pics!

Cheers man.

Bit of an update, i have got the clutch fitted, got the gearbox back on, fuel rail painted and back on,manifold,turbo back on. Just need to borrow a set of cam locks of my mate so i can change the cam belt and bearings changed. Hopefully will have the engine back in on saturday then it is the fun part of sorting the loom out :)

Cheers phil,

Managed to get a bit done today, got the cambelt and tensioner bearings changed. Fitted the new altinator belt and smaller power steering belt as i removed the aircon. Fitted the painted cam cover, and i am now ready for refitting the engine. Just need the weather to get a bit better.

PICT0252.jpg

PICT0253.jpg

PICT0254.jpg

Well here are the pics from the engine going back in, also Went down to get the sorn removed today and couldn't as the sorn certificate has run out and i dont have the log book yet!!! i was a little pissed off to say the slightest. Anyway had some better news, my K1 blue silicone hoses had arrived :D so i went and collected them. Toyota wanted £91 for a set of standard ones these 10mm silicolne ones cost me £40 lol. Here are the pics of the engine back in the car and the leads in the rocker cover. Hope you like.

PICT0255.jpg

PICT0257.jpg

PICT0256.jpg

PICT0258.jpg

wow nice little project you got there, my mates got your old starlet lol :D

Thanks, i hope he is looking after it and enjoying it :D i was gutted when he drove away in it. Has he registered on here yet?

I was hoping the loom was going to be like that, the only problem i have is reataching some of the sensor wires that have been cut.