dump valves only make a noise when they are restrictive, if they are restrictive they are probably less efficient than the one that comes from the manufacturer. Rally cars don't have them, that noise is the turbo going into surge, which is bad too, but who cares when you can rebuild them after a days racing...

paul, 

ill take it off your hands if its loud mate?

cant afford the full price of an ssqv right now...

not unless anyone knows of  a decent place to get one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it makes kind of a whipping type noise with an induction kit on. with airbox it makes the more traditional tschhhhh. it certainly loud enough to turn heads,got stopped by a copper once for it!!! :D

what did the copper do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he flagged me down and said "evening sir do you know that your car is expelling compressed air?" to which i replied "yep certainly do!" he seemed a bit lost for words then as he said "ok then mate, carry on" :D

You heard my bro's car haven't you wullie?

It's compressor surge and sounds great - I'll get a vid at the weekend.

Basically it's the pressure difference caused by lifting off the throttle that forces air backwards through the compressor wheel of the turbo... making a chopping sound. That's why you hear it more when you turn up the boost and put on an aftermarket air filter. foo doo doo dud du du