Very clean low mileage Black SR

Ha ha that is actually what I think I'm going for but didn't want to say it as people on here seem to hate them! I even viewed one today but it was too rough. They're really cheap on tax, ins, great mpg, 5door for my kids with isofix and the most important thing they're tunable- 170ish just from a map. Very cheap to mod.

Ha ha that is actually what I think I'm going for but didn't want to say it as people on here seem to hate them! I even viewed one today but it was too rough. They're really cheap on tax, ins, great mpg, 5door for my kids with isofix and the most important thing they're tunable- 170ish just from a map. Very cheap to mod.

You're gonna get haters regardless of what car it is. But the truth of the matter is they're good cars. However, make sure its got full service history and has only had PD specific oil throughout its life. I had a PD100 fabia a few years ago and it was a cracking little car. I'd have kept it if I hadnt found it to be accident damaged.

Also worth considering the Ibiza and polo with the same engine.

I'm pretty clued up on them, dmf seem to be another weak point too. Not heard of PD specific oil though! We had a budget of 3k but all I'm finding are dogs so might have to spend a little more

DMF's are pants on any car. And if its been to a regular garage, most will put the usual 10w40 semi in. And there are specific oils rated for use in PD engines. Otherwise the camshaft bearings can suffer excessive wear.

Ive always run castrol GTX fully synth, so that wouldn't be any good? I don't think I'd fancy a smf- heard poo things about them. If mine was too eat itself id probably go for the Sachs heavy duty kit.

Ive always run castrol GTX fully synth, so that wouldn't be any good? I don't think I'd fancy a smf- heard poo things about them. If mine was too eat itself id probably go for

the Sachs heavy duty kit.

It usually tells you if it's PD compatible. Lots of people get away with normal fully synth. It may be just a myth but some swear by it.

• 1 month later...

got a lovely 2007 Avensis d-4d 6speed 43mpg and still jap! very big spacious car for your needs perhaps? drives lovely! less than 100k on it too. p/x plus cash your way? drop me a pm if interested mate